Bimorph actuators are made from a sandwiched pair of piezoelectric elements which can expand and contract in length.
Bimorph actuators are made from a sandwiched pair of piezoelectric elements which can expand and contract in length. When used as a sensor,bending causes one side to go into tension and the other into compression, and having a response frequency in the audible range permits the bimorph element to be used as a high sensitivity sound sensor. When used as an actuator, an electrical input results in a bending force which can be used as a switching element in a wide range of applications.
Piezoelectric Actuators Used in Braille Devices
Below items can be used in braille devices:
Piezoelectric Actuators Used in Control of Gas Control Valves
● Without heating phenomenon existed in solenoid valves
● Without electromagnetic interference
● Small size, light weight
● High dynamic, response time of only 2ms
● Without mechanical wear, long life, working times of up to two billion times
● Ultra-low power consumption of only 1mW, can be battery and solar-powered
● switching characteristics, enables digital control and PWM regulator
● proportion features, achieves linear regulator